Choose a category
- Analyze your customer base
- Superior to your competitors? Then charge more
- Never stop marketing
- Encourage complaints
- Success: destination or journey?
- How much should you pay yourself?
- Trade show protocol: Don’t sit down
- Dangerous myth: Cut price and increase sales volume
- Keep an eye on your cash flow
- Buy your computer system from a single supplier
GOING INTO BUSINESS FOR YOURSELF?
Set to make your move? My Kindle book HOW TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND BE YOUR OWN BOSS,> puts you on the fast track. It's a concise guide to smart decisions and long-term business success. Find it on Amazon.
Tag Archives: Advertising
Two facts of life about the Yellow Pages: First, for many kinds of businesses, Yellow Pages are effective marketing tools, and for some, virtually indispensable. And second, Yellow Page advertising can be quite expensive, especially in areas that are served … Continue reading
It’s an issue that small business advertisers face all the time. Should they spend their ad budget of $1000 for a full page in the local paper, or should they insert a small ad 10 times, for $100 each? While … Continue reading
In a post here a while back, I focused on the marketing power of business cards. The card you hand out today can end up in someone’s Rolodex, and make new business for you months or even years from now. … Continue reading